Print Friendly Recipe
- Greek Pork Souvlaki in Pita bread
- Dena Maxwell
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). pork
- 12 pita bread
- 2 or more tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley, finely chopped
- tzatziki (optional)
- Cut the pork into small cubes; place in a bowl with salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil to marinade.
- Lift the meat out and thread it on small wooden skewers, which have been soaked in water.
- Cook under a hot grill on both sides (about 7 minutes on each side).
- Heat the "pita" bread.
- Remove the grilled pork from the skewers and place an appropriate amount of it on each "pita" bread, along with some onion, parsley, slices of tomato, salt, pepper and some "tzatziki", if desired.
- Serve warm on individual dishes.
- Pork can be replaced with beef, lamb,or chicken.
- If you prefer, you can omit pita bread, and serve it on a plate, with rice, or french fries, onions, tomatoes and parsley.
- I found this on another site and thought it sounded like what you wanted.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.