Print Friendly Recipe
- Robbins Family
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). beef round tip steaks, 1/8-1/4" thick
- 1 can (13-1/2 oz (378 grm). - 14-1/2 oz (406 grm).) vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup (225 ml) julienne carrots
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) crushed red pepper
- 1 oz (28 grm). uncooked angel hair pasta, broken up
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced green onions
- Stack beefsteaks and cut lenghtwise in half.
- Then cut crosswise into 1/4" strips.
- In a 5 qt. saucepan, combine broth, 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water, mushrooms, carrots, 2 tbsp (30 ml). soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Add pasta continue to stir for 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir beef into soup and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml). soy sauce.
- Add green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.