Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian pastry shells to hold filling.
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) white vingar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 egg yolk
- vegetable oil for frying
- Sift flour, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is coarse.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 eggs, vinegar and water and blend well.
- Add to flour mixture and mix well with a fork until smooth.
- Turn on to a floured board.
- Divide dough in 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece in a 5 inch round shape about 1/8 inch thick.
- Roll each around a cannoli tube to fit tightly (Cannoli tubes are metal tubes about 4 incles long and about an inch in diameter).
- Seal edges with slightly beaten egg yolk.
- Heat oil in a heavy sauce pan to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Fry (do not remove from the tubes when frying)turning occasionally, until golden brown about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oil with a spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Cool slightly before removing from the tubes.
- Fill with the cannoli filling when shells are completely cooled.
- See recipe for cannoli filling.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.