Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cooking liquid from cauliflower
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tsp (10 ml) margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-fat plain yogurt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) herbs du provence or fines herbes
- Garnish: 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley or cilantro
- Steam cauliflower until tender.
- Saute onion in margarine until softened but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except parsley.
- Place in blender container in batches and puree.
- Reheat over low.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Increase liquid amounts until soup is the consistency that you like it.
Use canned vegetable broth to keep the recipe vegetarian.
Yogurt gives it extra tang!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.