Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McK
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). medium large shell shrimps, about 42
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Creole Seasoning
- 16 turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onions
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 lemons, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 12 petite rosemary biscuits
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Peel shrimp, leave on tails (reserve shells).
- Sprinkle shrimp with Creole seasoning and 8 turns of pepper.
- Use hand to coat shrimp; refrigerate and make sauce.
- Heat oil in pot over high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add reserved shells, bay leaves, remaining seasonings, lemons, water,Worcestershire, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and bring to boil.
- Cook until syrupy and dark brown, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cook 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Strain into small saucepan (about 1 1/12 cups).
- Place over heat, bring to boil, cook until thick and syrupy.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil in large skillet.
- Add seasoned shrimp and saute, shake skillet for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and all barbecue base; simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp to warm platter.
- Whisk butter into sauce; remove from heat
- Spoon sauce over shrimp and serve on biscuits.
- Wonderful look as well as flavor.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.