Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole strawberries
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) cornstarch
- 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) strawberries, sliced
- whipped cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Blend butter, flour,and brown sugar to form crumbles.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press mixture into 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until browned.
- Crush 1 cup (225 ml) berries in saucepan.
- Add water, 1 cup (225 ml) sugar,and cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring until mixture thickens, do not overcook.
- Arrange the 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) sliced berries in pie shell.
- Pour cooled glaze over berries.
- Top with whipped cream.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.