Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a delicious way to serve Green Beans year round.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh green beans
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh tarragon or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced fresh oregano or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Optional garnish: thin lemon slices and a twig of tarragon
- Wash the green beans and remove the ends and the strings.
- Place in a saucepan with just enough water to barely cover and cover, simmer for 15-20 minutes (You can also steam these if you have a steaming pot or a steaming rack).
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tarragon, oregano, salt and pepper togther in a small mixing bowl.
- Take the green beans out of their simmering/steaming pan and place them on a serving plate or bowl.
- Pour dressing over the green beans, and serve warm and if desired, garnished with thinly sliced lemon slices and a twig of tarragon.
- Serving Variation: You can also serve this dish cold by placing the cooked green beans in a bowl, pour the dressing over the beans, toss to coat, chill and serve.
This is a perfect recipe for Holiday meals like Easter or Thanksgiving. Try it for weekday family meals or dinner parties, it is great dressed up or for everyday!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.