Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 11 vanilla sandwich cream cookies, crushed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter or margarine
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 5 tsp (25 ml). cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) amaretto
- 2 tsp (10 ml). almond extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and chopped almonds.
- Add melted butter or margarine and stir till well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch. Beat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in whipping cream, amaretto, and almond extract.
- Stir in almonds
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 200 degrees (90 C.) and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or till center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off; return the cake to the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- For crunchy almonds be sure to toast them before adding them to the crust and filling.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.