Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 1 loaf unsliced Bread
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bologna
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sweet pickle relish, drained
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Miracle Whip
- 3 3 oz (84 grm). packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 small jar pimiento
- 1 green pepper
- Grind bologna.
- Stir in drained pickle relish.
- Add Miracle Whip.
- Stir enough to moisten completely.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to mingle.
- Remove all crusts from the loaf of bread.
- Stand the loaf on an end and cut.
- Each slice should be 1/2" TO 3/4" thick.
- Position one slice of bread in the center of a platter.
- Slip a few sheets of wax paper under the edges of the
- Spread about one third of the filling on the base slice.
- Top with another slice of bread.
- Repeat procedure ending with a slice of bread.
- Thin the cream cheese with a small amount of cream until you have a spreading consistency.
- Cover the loaf with cream cheese.
- Gently pull the wax paper out from under the edges of the loaf.
- Cut the pimentos into tulip or flower shapes.
- Cut the green pepper into stems and leaves.
- Decorate the top or sides of the loaf with the cut outs.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut in one-inch slices and serve.
- I found this recipe is the American International Encyclopedic Cookbook.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.