Print Friendly Recipe
- Lemony Vinagrette with your favorite herb as a dressing for roasted red potatoes. This is a perfect buffet or summer picnic recipe. Delicous!
- S. Chokel
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut in eighths
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 thick sliced bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Line a jelly roll pan, (an 11x16x1-inch pan), with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Place the cut potatoes in a plastic bag, or in a large mixing bowl and coat them with the olive oil and then place them in a single layer on a foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Put the pan in the oven and roast the potatoes at 450 degrees (225 C.), stirring/turning occasionally, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and golden in color.
- After the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and let them sit to just cool as you make the vinaigrette dressing for them.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, shallots, basil, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Then, in a slow steady stream add and whisk in the 2/3 cup (150 ml) of extra virgin olive to blend and "emulsify" the vinaigrette dressing.
- Gently toss the now warm, not hot potatoes, the onions, and Parmesan cheese together with the vinaigrette to coat them thoroughly.
- Place the potatoes in a pretty serving bowl and sprinkle the top with the crisp crumbled bacon.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Note: You can use other herbs besides basil in this recipe. Try using combinations of your favorite herb flavors too. Some of the nicest herb flavors, on their own or combined, for this recipe are: dill, chives, thyme, tarragon, lavender, cilantro, basil, rosemary.
|Email This To A Friend