Print Friendly Recipe
- Ruthie Karr
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) ground cinnamon, divided use
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flaked coconut
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) granulted sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 21 oz (588 grm). can strawberry pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Lightly grease and flour a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 c walnuts, set aside.
- Finely chop remaining walnuts; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and 1 tsp (5 ml) of the cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture is consistency of fine crumbs.
- Add the finely chopped nuts and coconut.
- Remove 1/2 cup (125 ml) of crumb mixture, set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- For filling:
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon; beat until smooth.
- Spread strawberry pie filling over cream cheese layer.
- Combine reserved 1/2 cup (125 ml) nuts and crumbs.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Cut into bars.
- This is from Jason an associate at Walmart.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.