Print Friendly Recipe
- Richard Merrill
- 8 tomatoes, diced small
- 3 bell peppers, diced small
- 2 red peppers, diced small
- 1-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) chick peas or green peas
- 1 quart (950 ml) mussels or clams
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). crab meat (fresh or canned)
- 12 large shrimp
- 3 1/2 to 4 lbs (1.8 kg). chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 large veal cutlets
- 8 link sausages
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). long grained rice
- Large pinch saffron or 1 tbsp (15 ml) turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Cook vegetables over high heat with 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cook peas in boiling, salted water until tender, and add to vegetables.
- Cook thoroughly cleaned shellfish over high heat in a pan without water until shells open. Cool and shuck them and add to vegetable mixture along with diced crabmeat.
- Cook unshelled shrimp in salted water for not more than 5 min.
- Heat remaining olive oil in deep skillet and fry chicken for 20 minutes, turning each piece. Drain and keep hot.
- Saute bacon, cutlets and sausage in the same skillet and cut meat into pieces.
- Meanwhile, make a pilaf with the saffron. Just before serving, mix all the vegetables, meats (except the chicken and shrimp) and the rice together carefully.
- Put in deep earthenware dish and arrange chicken and shrimp on top.
- This recipe comes from La Cuisine de France, by Mapie, the Countess of Toulouse-Lautrec
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.