Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 whole carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley flakes
- 4 chicken boulion cubes
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water, approximately
- 2 cups (475 ml) bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried thyme
- a pinch of nutmeg
- cornstarch mixed with cold water
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil, turn down to simmer until chicken is done.
- After chicken is done, remove from stew and let cool.
- Debone chicken.
- Put deboned chicken back into stew and bring to boil.
- For dumplings:
- Mix all 4 ingredients together.
- Drop by teaspoolful into boiling stew.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Remove dumplings and, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, add cornstarch mixture just to thicken stew.
- Spoon chicken mixture over dumplings and enjoy.
- I found this dumpling recipe and found it to be the best. I have to make a double batch when I make them just to have enough to go around.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.