Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a FROZEN Tomato Sauce that is Delicious!!
- 20 large, fresh tomatoes
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) pepper
- 1 to 4 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salt
- Wash, peel and core 20 large tomatoes; cut into chunks.
- (If you've never done this with tomatoes, simply put them into a kettle of hot water for a minute or two. Remove them to a sink of ice water. Cool slightly and the peel will come right off by hand.)
- Place chunks of tomatoes into a large kettle with chopped onions, carrots, parsley, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring slowly to a boil, stirring often.
- Lower heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes. (The sauce will really thicken up when you blend it in the next step. It will look pretty runny at this point.)
- Cool slightly, then measure small amounts into blender or food processor. Cover and whirl on high till smooth.
- Measure and place in freezer containers or bags and freeze.
- Perfect for chili, stew or Swiss steak.
- This is the best sauce! I use only one onion since my family doesn't like it to be too oniony. Use them to taste. This is like a vegetable V-8 sauce almost! Homemade chili, stew and swiss steak taste delicious with this sauce! I freeze in freezer bags according to how much my family will use for a meal. They will stay good in freezer for a year. I've even had some for more than a year and they were good.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.