Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 tart apples, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings.
- Pour apples evenly over skillet bottom.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over them, then brown sugar, then salt.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender and juicy.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.