Print Friendly Recipe
- Sissy Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 Bundt Cake
- 3 cups (700 ml) sifted plain (all purpose) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) of sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 6 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Sift flour, soda and salt together 3 times, and sit aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together throughly. Then to the butter mixture start adding the egg yolks one at a time, beat well after each addition, then add the sour cream and mix well. Then start adding the flour mixture to the butter mixture until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and then gently but throughly fold the egg whites into the cake batter, using a wood spoon or spatula.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan. Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 1 1/2 hours.
- There is no flavoring added, it needs none.
- It should come out with a nice brown crust on top. Mary says it is important to turn the cake out of the pan immediately on taking it out of the oven. I turn it out on a wire cooling rack, then after cooled I put it on the serving dish.
- Mary Larimer is my preacher's wife. I've known her all my life. Her kids and me and my brothers all grew up together and played together. Lots of fond memories. We had lots of meals at the Larimer house, and when we had "dinner on the ground" at church, we knew whatever Mary and my aunt Gertrude, who is also Mary's sister in law, brought to the "dinner on the ground" would be great. Mary is one of the all-time great cooks. Most of her recipes are in her head, like most of the great cooks are in our area. life.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.