Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). artichokes (3 to 4 medium, trimmed of thorns)
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) half-and-half
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme or
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried thyme
- Bring water to a boil with oil, lemon juice, and two garlic cloves.
- Add the artichokes and cook 45 minutes.
- Remove hearts and puree in food processor with some of the stock, remaining garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Slice 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) of the tender end of the leaves into thin strips.
- Reheat soup with leaves, half-and-half, and thyme.
- Reminiscent of the soup at Duarte's Restaurant in Pescadero, Calif.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.