Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Purdy
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). red potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 8 cups (1900 ml) half and half
- 16 oz (448 grm) Velveeta Cheese, melted
- white pepper to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon, fried crisp
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green onions
- Dice unpeeled potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.
- In separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half and half, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta.
- Stir well.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.