Print Friendly Recipe
- Gourmet Magazine July 1993
Serves/Makes:24 3 " pancakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buckwheat flour (available at natural foods stores)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) double-acting baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) blueberries, preferably wild, picked over and, if large, halved
- vegetable oil for brushing the griddle
- pure maple syrup as an accompaniment
- In a food processor blend together the flours, the baking powder, the sugar, and the salt, add the butter, and blend the mixture until it resembles fine meal.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and the milk, add the flour mixture, and whisk the batter until it is combined well.
- Let the batter stand for 5 minutes and stir in the blueberries.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (90 C.).
- Heat a griddle over moderate heat until it is hot enough to make drops of water scatter over its surface and brush it with the oil.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle to form 3-inch rounds and cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden.
- Transfer the pancakes as they are cooked to a heatproof platter and keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve the pancakes with the syrup.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.