Print Friendly Recipe
- Excellent flavor
- Virginia Butler
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean cubed beef
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chopped onions
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) red wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brandy
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pearl onions
- 1 lb (.5 kg). large mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). carrots, cut in chunks
- 6 medium sized potatoes, boiled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- With flat side of knife crush garlic with salt to paste.
- Place meat in heavy dutch oven; sprinkle with flour and toss to coat.
- Add garlic paste, chopped onions, tomato paste and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and stew for one hour.
- In small saucepan combine wine, brandy; bring to a boil.
- Add to dutch oven with pearl onions, mushrooms and carrots; stir.
- Cover and continue cooking 1 hour. Uncover and cook 30 minutes more.
- Just before serving stir in parsley.
- Serve over boiled cubed potatoes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.