Print Friendly Recipe
- Slavik New Years Bread
- Mario Padilla
Serves/Makes:1 Large loaf on flat pan
- 1 pkg. yeast (1 pkg. = 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml). yeast)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) warm water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). melted butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- Dry Ingredients:
- 6 cups (1425 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- Mix yeast, water and sugar; set aside and let yeast activate.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Open well in center and add butter, egg, milk, Yeast, and water.
- Knead dough 5 to 8 minutes.
- Let rise in greased bowl till double in size 1 to 2 hours. Knead again and flatten onto a greased flat pan.
- Let rise in warm area till doubled.
- Brush top with egg white.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven 20 to 30 minutes. Check for a firm top. Will get a dark colored crust.
- Remove from oven, Let breath for 10 minutes and brush with milk or half and half or butter for a soft crust .
- This recipe comes from a long lost freind that My Wife and I grew Up with ... Hopefully we will hear from whats left of the family soon.. In memory of Jess Kinsey Who hailed from the valley in Texas. Searching For Vi and Josh Kinsey, Lodell and Drew Henry... Mario Lupie and Jason miss you all...San Antonio, Texas
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.