Print Friendly Recipe
- Suitable to replace graham crust base or ingredient
- My creation! from Australia
Serves/Makes:1 crust pie plate size
- 2 cups (475 ml) crushed or finely blended wheat biscuits to suit diet
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed or finely blended cornflakes to suit diet
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) melted margarine or butter to suit diet
- For recipes where the graham crust is needed without the crust effect use only the dry ingedients to the measure specified in the recipe but the proportions above must be maintained.
- For a biscuit base use the butter/margarine to create a crust. If the mix is right it will look damp but not greasy, and cling or clump together a little.
- Take this base mix and with a spoon of about soup size or dessert spoon size press the base onto the plate firmly. The effect will be obtained that the mix will escape a little from under the back of the spoon. This is what you want as a firm crust will form when chilled, so the dessert will not become a fashion accessory.
- Chill for about 30 minutes then add your favourite filling for a chilled dessert, e.g. cold cheesecake mix, etc.
- I have allergies & most retail items have gums added to their product which are difficult for me to digest comfortably. I am currently creating a few more satisfactory dishes for myself to obtain a diet more like the milk & egg diet I had before my allergy caused me problems.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.