Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy weeknight meal
- Missi J.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water
- 5 chicken boullion cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). water
- 1 cup (225 ml) parmesan cheese
- 16 oz (448 grm). thin spaghetti
- Rince chicken thoroughly and remove any fat.
- In crock pot, pre-cook chicken breasts in 6 cups (1425 ml) water, the boullion cubes and parsley about 5 hours until chicken is very tender.
- Remove chicken from crockpot (leaving broth) and cut apart (should shred easily with a fork).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cook spaghetti as directed.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in large saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stir constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in about 4 cups (950 ml) (may be a little less, use judgement) of the chicken broth from the crockpot, and the whipping cream.
- Heat until boiling, stirring consistantly. Boil 1 minute, then stir in 4 tbsp (60 ml). water.
- Add about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the parmesan cheese and stir until blended. Sauce should be pretty thick.
- Once speghetti is cooked, drain and place cooked speghetti into a large non-stick baking dish.
- Top with shredded chicken, then pour sauce over the top (do not stir together).
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- You can add mushrooms, or vegatables to this if you prefer. Just combine with the chicken before putting it into the oven. I hope you enjoy this meal!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.