Print Friendly Recipe
- Mexican dish at its best
- Sharri Anderson and Alice Larson
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onions
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) enchilada sauce
- 1 can chili with beans
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 6 6 inch tortillas
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). pkg. cream cheese
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can green chilies drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced black olives (optional)
- Brown ground beef and onions.
- Stir in tomatoes, sauce, chili, cumin and pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour half of mixture in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Heat tortillas in foil 8 to 10 minute in 350 degree (175 C.) oven.
- Spread cream cheese on each tortilla.
- Top with green chilies.
- Fold over and arrange tortillas on top of meat mixture.
- Pour remaining meat mixture over all.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Uncover and add shredded cheese to cover.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- When out of oven you may top sliced black olives.
- My neighbor and best friend made this, and it is without a doubt, the best Mexican casserole I have ever eaten, and I know you will agree. It has become a favorite at our neighborhood parties, never any leftovers with this one.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.