Print Friendly Recipe
- Beef Jerky
- John Murray
- 1 4 lb (1.8 kg). lean beef roast
- 1 small bottle crushed garlic
- worchestershire sauce
- soy sauce
- hickory smoke sauce
- cayenne pepper
- aluminum foil
- Slice the meat to desired thickness. [semi frozen meat slices easier].
- Combine the ingredients to desired taste.
- Place beef strips into mixture in large bowl and marinade for 5-7 hours.
- Place foil in bottom of oven to protect the surface and avoid burning of drippings.
- Place toothpick through one end of jerky strip and hang on upper rack. [you may remove bottom rack].
- Cure meat at 150 degrees (70 C.) for 5-7 hours.
- Remove from oven and wrap in news paper for 2-3 hours.
- Store in air tight jar.
- Note you do not want to cook meat. You want to cure it by drying it out. Cowboys in the olden days layed meat out on hot rocks to cure it and save it for the trail. Adding the pepper to desired warmth will deside how hot you want the jerky to be.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.