Print Friendly Recipe
- This salad is a Northwest-style combination of fresh greens and Pacific Rim flavors.
- Dover Canyon Winery
- salad greens
- pineapple chunks
- red bell pepper, minced
- sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil, optional
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) to 2 tbsp (30 ml) raspberry vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped garlic chives
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the salad greens and arugula in a colorful bowl or directly on serving plates.
- Sprinkle the pineapple chunks over the greens and top with sprinklings of red bell pepper and sesame seeds.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the sesame oil, one tbsp of the raspberry vinegar, and herbs.
- Whisk or stir, and taste.
- Sesame oils vary in quality and flavor we prefer dark oils with a nutty, toasted flavor. Raspberry vinegars also vary in acetic quality some taste slightly sweet, while others are more acidic but have stronger raspberry flavor. Adjust all quantities to your preference, and serve in a small vinaigrette carafe. A tiny drizzle on your salad will deliver a cargo of flavor.
- From "Fresh from Dover Canyon"
The tropical flavors of a chilled viognier or roussanne would complement spicy dishes like Prawns in Ginger-Peanut Sauce, and would be excellent served with this fruity, yet spicy, salad.
Note: The person who submitted this recipe did not list recommended quantities of the salad ingredients but the vinaigrette made it worth listing anyway.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.