Print Friendly Recipe
- Jo-Tina Baldoni
- 2 14.5 oz (406 grm). cans tomatoes (diced)
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) water (set aside 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro (leaves only, chopped fine)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green peppers (diced)
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except for the 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a medium sauce pan and add remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook through for about 20 minutes.
- An excellent sauce for shrimp, tamales, enchiladas and Mexican chicken casseroles.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.