Print Friendly Recipe
- Memaw from Bliss
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced pears
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- Mix pears with 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar and let stand.
- Melt butter in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) cassarole in a325 degree oven.
- Combine all dry ingredients including remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar; mix well.
- Beat egg and add to milk and slowly add to dry ingredients.
- Pour over melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Spoon pears on top of batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Serve hot or cold.
- cal. 591, chol.53 mg, carb. 83 g.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.