Print Friendly Recipe
- Kind of a hobo stew in the oven
- Memaw from Miller
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green peppr
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 carrots
- Worchestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) cassarole with vebetable spray.
- Brown ground meat.
- Chop, dice or slice onion, and green pepper.
- Slice potatoes and carrots.
- Layer in casserole in order, pour as much Worchestershire as you like over top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Prep time approx. 5 - 10 min. Cook time 75 min.
Now, you can use frozen hash browns, left over baked or mashed potatoes, it makes no difference. Same with carrots, canned sliced or diced or raw. What ever you like. You can serve with a side of gravy even. Substitute veggies. No matter how you change it, it comes out great. You can double with no problem.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.