Print Friendly Recipe
- An apple coffee cake
- Ruth T.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brandy or milk
- 4 cups (950 ml) peeled, sliced apples
- dried currants
- Blend all ingredients for topping until well mixed; set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients for cake, then blend in butter as for pie crust.
- Add egg yolk and brandy to blend.
- Press dough into a 9 inch springform or removable bottom tart pan.
- Cover with apples and sprinkle with a few currants.
- Sprinkle on topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.