Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist and delicious chocolate cup cakes
- Fast Eddy D
Serves/Makes:18 medium sized cup cakes
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Bakers cocoa
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 6 oz (168 grm) package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely crushed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 egg, 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar, 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt.
- Stir until blended and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together with wire wisk and set aside.
- Blend all cake ingredients with electric mixer.
- Pour into cupcake pan lined with paper cupcake liner to half full.
- Add heaping 1 tsp (5 ml) filling mixture into each.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over each cupcake.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- This was an old family favorite that my mother used to prepare for special events and was always a big hit. She was often asked to prepare these for friends who wanted to impress guests at desert time and the recipe was handed over many times. These were always the most popular at bake sales and school events as well. The are very easy to make and never fail to yield great results. Hope you enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.