Print Friendly Recipe
- J. McCartney
Serves/Makes:3 8x4" loaves
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). jar mincemeat
- 2 cups (475 ml) broken nuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 beaten egg yolks (save egg whites)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda dissolved in
- 1 tsp (5 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted flour
- 2 beaten egg whites
- Mix ingredients in the order listed, folding in egg whites last.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spoon batter into a greased 10 inch tube pan or 3 greased 8x4" loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cake will be deep brown and cake tester should come out clean.
- Cool cake 2 to 3 hours before removing from pan.
- Cake may be wrapped in foil and frozen.
- If desired soak raisins and nuts in additional brandy for 3 days before making the cake.
Printed in the Sacramento Bee 12/22/04.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.