Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken, pasta and vegetables in marsala sauce
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). to 4 lbs (1.8 kg). boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb (.5 kg). linguine pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peeled, sliced onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth base
- 2 cups (475 ml) Marsala wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil (approximate)
- Slice chicken breast into strips approximately 2 inches by 4 to 5 inches long.
- Pound down each piece with kitchen mallet until thin and flat.
- Cook linguine as directed on package, set aside to drain and cool.
- Steam all veggies together, set aside.
- Toss chicken in flour salt and pepper mixture.
- In butter and olive oil, fry chicken until lightly browned then set aside.
- Combine half of broth and half of marsala in pan with vegetables, cook til just soft then set aside.
- Combine remain broth and marsala and chicken, cook covered on simmer for 20 mins.
- Drain marsala/broth mix from both chicken and vegetables.
- Boil in pan with 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour to thicken.
- Add all ingredients to pasta mixture, except chicken.
- Serve chicken over pasta.
- This is a modified recipe of mine that is a family favorite.....it is SO good that even the kids come back for more!! Enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.