Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 12 banana peppers, hot or sweet
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). to 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- vegetable oil
- Wash and clean peppers, cut off top and small part of bottom of peppers.
- Brown the ground beef in a a skillet until just done.
- Drain fat off the beef and allow beef to cool a bit.
- Mix ground beef, onions, cheese together with 1 egg.
- Heat oil in pan (about 2 inches).
- Mix 1 egg and milk; dip peppers in mixture.
- Roll in flour, dip again and roll in flour again.
- Put in hot oil and cook until brown; drain on paper towel.
- I've got about 10 variations that are deep-fried and none of them give a cooking time just "cook till brown" or "cook till golden brown".
The amount of milk used in the recipe depends on the vessel you're using, and the size of the pepper. It must be deep and wide enough to allow you to get the wash completely over and around the pepper.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.