Print Friendly Recipe
- Teresa Johnson
- 10 to 12 slices bread
- 8 Tbsp (125 ml). butter or margarine, melted
- Trim crusts from the bread.
- Generously brush both sides of each slice with butter.
- Cut bread into 1/4" to 1/2" square cubes: spread them in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for about an hour or until they become an even, golden brown. (Stir now and then for even cooking.)
- Cool the croutons, place in a plastic bag, and store in the refrigerator.
- For seasoned croutons, add the following seasoning to the bag of croutons and shake:
Lightly Salted- 2 tsp. salt
Onion- 2 tsp. onion powder and 2 tsp. salt
Garlic- 1 tsp. garlic powder and 2 tsp. salt
Onion Garlic- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder and 2 tsp salt
Italian- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup finely crushed parsley flakes, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 Tbsp. oregano and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder.
Cheese Garlic- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese and 1 tsp. garlic.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.