Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
Serves/Makes:as many as needed
- 1 baguette
- 3 to 4 sourdough oblong rolls
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried basil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely diced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml). kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Cut baguette in slices (less than 1/2" but more than 1/4").
- Mix olive oil with rest of ingredients (It really depends on how many croutons you are making so you might have to add more of the herbs, salt, pepper, and garlic
- You just want the olive oil to be pretty saturated with these ingredients).
- Place croutons in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Pour olive oil mixture over all.
- Toss with hands to coat well.
- Once coated place in oven.
- After about 10 minutes toss again and every 10 minutes thereafter. You want the croutons to brown so be patient.
- Let croutons cool completely.
- Store in a covered container in refrigerator.
- They should last several weeks.
- If slices is not what you want then cut in cubes and do all the same way. The slices are addictive to eat as a snack too!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.