Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) coconut
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 1 small orange, juice and grated rind only
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add alternately with carrots to sugar mixture.
- Add coconut.
- Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Add orange.
- Frost cookies while warm.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.