Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, 2-1/4 lbs (1 kg)., trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 quart (950 ml) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and broth, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until the cauliflower is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the pureed soup into a large bowl (if you have an immersible hand-blender, you can puree the soup right in the pot).
- Stir in Parmesan.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
- Tasty, low-fat and moderately low-carb. The soup can be vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Per serving: 121 cal.;8 g pro.;12 g carb;5 g fat (2 sat,2 monosat, 1 polyunsat.);8 mg chol;345 mg sod;4 g fiber;6 g sugar;38 percent calories from fat.
As printed in the Sacramento Bee from "Kitchen Life" by Art Smith (Hyperion, $18.95).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.