Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). box frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained, (I often double this, we like the spinach)
- 1 cup (225 ml) blanched julienned carrots
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) blanched brocolli florets
- 1 large egg
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). container of ricotta cheese
- 12 to 15 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken (I use 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz (112 grm). can mushroom pieces
- Reserve 2/3 cup (150 ml) of mozzarella cheese for top layer, (or more if you like, we like ours super cheesey).
- In medium bowl, combine soup, milk, and red pepper, (set aside).
- In another medium bowl, combine spinach, carrots, brocolli, egg and ricotta.
- In bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup (125 ml) of soup mixture.
- Arrange four lasagna noodles on mixture.
- Top with 1/3 of remaining soup mixture, 1/2 of spinach and vegetable mixture, 1/2 of remaining mozzarella and 1/2 of the chicken.
- Repeat layers ending with remaining noodles, soup mixture, reserved 2/3 cup (150 ml) mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- I often times increase the vegetables and the cheeses, as we really like a gooey messy kind of lasagna. Also, if you mix some olive oil, butter, parmesan cheese, seasoned bread crumbs, and rub it into a crumble topping with your finger tips, it browns nicely and keeps the lasagna more moist and gives that delicious topping.
I also use more noodles and layer them over each other to give my lasagna more substance.
|Email This To A Friend