Print Friendly Recipe
- Deepa Nischal - India
- 18 to 20 small-sized potatoes
- 2 to 3 onions
- 2 to 3 tomatoes
- 5 to 6 dried Kashmiri chilies
- 2 cups (475 ml) yogurt (dahi)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard oil
- qil to deep fry
- 1 generous pinch of clove powder (Laung)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cardamom powder (Elaichi)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fennel powder (Saunf)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger powder
- 1 pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) roasted cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) of garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- Peel and prick the potatoes all over with. Keep in salted water for fifteen minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the potatoes on medium flame till golden brown.
- Make a paste of dried Kashmiri red chilies.
- Beat the yogurt with Kashmiri red chili paste, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, and fennel powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Add asafetida and clove powder.
- Make a paste of onions and tomatoes and fry till oil comes out.
- Add half a cup of water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the yogurt mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Add fried potatoes and cook till the potatoes absorb the gravy and oil floats on top.
- Add roasted cumin powder and garam masala powder.
- Serve hot.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.