Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 hearts (6-8 servings)
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) red food color
- 2 cups (475 ml) Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white baking chips
- 1 tsp (5 ml) shortening
- Small candy hearts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, almond extract and food color in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and almonds.
- Divide dough in half; cover half and set aside.
- Place remaining half on ungreased cookie sheet; press into heart shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet 25 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place baking chips and shortening in microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium-High (70%) about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth.
- Drizzle over shortbread.
- Sprinkle with candy hearts if desired.
- Make Shortbread Lips! Press half of dough into oval shape, about 1/4 inch thick, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Shape each end to form point.
- Press center of oval to form lips.
- Source: Gold Medal Flour, a Reg. TM of General Mills, Inc.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.