Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 large onion
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can kidney beans,drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can black beans, drained
- 8 medium garlic cloves
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). pkg frozen corn
- 2 red or green sweet peppers
- 1-1/4 tbsp (17.5 ml) chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil or olive oil
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground coriander
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 3 14.5 oz (406 grm). cans diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can green chillies, diced
- Optional garnishes:
- sour cream or yogurt (low-fat)
- shredded cheese
- Coarsely chop the onion and set aside.
- Chop or mince the garlic and set aside.
- Chop the bell pepper into 3/8" pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil in stockpot over med-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, coriander and cumin. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with liquid and green chillies and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, beans and corn.
- Reduce heat and cook over med-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add chocolate and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Add lime juice, salt and cayenne and simmer for an additional 3 minutes
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.