Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). chicken, cut up
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced salt pork
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chopped fresh oregano OR 1 tsp (5 ml) dry oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can Italian tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- Coat chicken in mixture of flour, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Put oil in a 4 quarts (3775 ml) or 6 quarts (5675 ml) pressure cooker.
- Saute pork until crisp.
- Add onions and saute until light brown; remove and set aside.
- Brown chicken a few pieces at a time; set aside.
- Pour off excess drippings.
- Stir garlic, parsley, and oregano into remaining drippings.
- Return chicken and onion to pressure cooker.
- Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and white wine.
- Close pressure cooker cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 8 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker at once.
- Place chicken on warm platter.
- Stir tomato paste into sauce in pressure cooker.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.