Print Friendly Recipe
- Type of Coffee cake
- Mrs. Wiggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, divided
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ice water
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). almond extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- chopped nuts
- Cut 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter into the flour.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp (30 ml) ice water evenly over surface of mixture.
- Stir with fork until moistened, forming dough into ball.
- Divide dough in half.
- Pat each half into a 12x3" rectangle on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Set pastry aside.
- Put 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter and 1 cup (225 ml) water in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in extracts.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) flour and stir vigorously, until dough leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until dough is smooth.
- Spread evenly over pastry.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool to warm.
- Frost with confectioner sugar frosting.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Our local bakery makes this occassionly.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.