Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 medium head red cabbage, preferably fresh and moist
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). good vinegar, such as red wine vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) 4 tbsp (60 ml). oil or bacon grease, etc.
- 2 cups (475 ml) good tart cooking apples OR applesauce from same
- 4 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- sugar or jelly such as currant
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red cooking wine (approximately)
- Saute onion in the oil.
- Core and cut cabbage with the way it grew.
- Add to pot with salt and shake.
- Cover and allow wilt a few minutes.
- Add the vinegar and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients, plus a little water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.