Print Friendly Recipe
- Carrots & Broccoli cooked with olive oil, garlic, and ginger
- Annalisa Steinnes
- 4 large carrots
- 1-1/2 medium sized broccoli heads
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) mince ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) virgin olive oil
- Wash and peel carrots, then cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Wash broccoli heads and cut into bite sized florets.
- Blanch carrots and broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Peel and mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add cooked carrots and saute about 5 minutes; add broccoli and saute 2 to 3 minutes more.
- This simple recipe makes a sweet, summery vegetable dish; for different flavors try adding your favorite herbs and spices, such as rosemary, parsley, or basil.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.