Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a wonderful crowd pleaser
- Jennifer Reynoso
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 can/jar of artichoke hearts (with or without marinade)
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). or 8 oz (224 grm). jar of pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in cubes
- 1 medium or large red pepper, diced
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). jar of pimentos (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cumin (more to taste)
- 6 roasted peeled and chopped green chilies (see instructions below)
- 3 chicken breasts sauteed in olive oil and chopped garlic then cut into bite size pieces. (Put aside)
- 1 fresh bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) to 2 cups (475 ml) of water/chicken broth
- 3 tsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans of Salsa Verde or and Diced Tomatillos with Green Chilies
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). can green chiles
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). pkg. linguini (colored makes this look nicer) look for a green white combo
- 1 jar prepared Alfredo sauce (optional)
- parsley sprigs
- Prepare chicken and fresh chile and set aside.
- Combine squash, red pepper, cilantro, tomatillos, canned green chile, fresh chile artichoke hearts, pimentos, and spices and broth/water and simmer. Sauce will thicken as it simmers.
- Once the sauce has thickened add chicken.
- Taste and adjust spices.
- Slow simmer for about 7-9 more minutes.
- If you use the Alfredo sauce spoon in a tsp at a time stirring as you do. You may not need to add entire jar of Alfredo sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and prepare linguini.
- Cook aldente.
- Add to sauce and heat for 6 minutes prior to serving.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve with salad.
- Prepare fresh chile by placing on baking sheet and place under broiler till blistered on all sides.
Blackening is ok.
Once blistered, remove from oven and use tongs to place in small brown paper bag.
Roll bag closed, to keep steam in. (at least 1 hour prior to use).
For todays use-
Place chilies in a bath of ice water and gently peel skin from soft flesh.
Chilies can be frozen placing 3-4 chilies in a snack size bag.
To use if frozen- Place under warm water and hold by stem Skin should peel off with out resistance.
Once peeled- Pull on stem and remove any remaining seeds, Be careful not to touch eyes when handeling fresh or canned chiles.
Set aside for later use.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.