Print Friendly Recipe
- Honey Mustard Marinade:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Creamy Dijon Mustard (can use Hellman's Dijonnaise creamy Dijon mustard)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) lemon juice
- 4 boneless chicken breast skinned
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) seasoned salt
- 6 slices peppered bacon
- 1 cup (225 ml) Monterey Jack cheese (or Queso baby jack cheese)
- 1 cup (225 ml) reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp (10 ml) parsley flakes
- Thoroughly combine mustard, honey, oil and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts on a plate and sprinkle both sides lightly with the seasoned salt.
- Pour about 1/3 of marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate (covered) in the refrigerator, for about 2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Chill remaining marinade until later.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain, crumble and set aside.
- Discard all but a small amount of bacon drippings and saut mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Re-heat the remaining drippings left in the skillet using medium heat. (If necessary, add 1 tsp (5 ml) oil.)
- Sear the chicken in pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and place in a casserole dish, which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved honey mustard marinade (not the portion the chicken marinated in), being sure to save at least one-half to serve as a side.
- Cover the breasts with the cooked bacon.
- Spoon the saut ed mushrooms on the bacon, being sure to coat each breast evenly.
- Combine the two cheeses and spread evenly over the chicken.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted and starting to bubble.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/2 tsp (2 ml) parsley before serving.
- Place extra marinade in small bowl to serve as a dipping sauce.
- Note: if not using peppered bacon, add some pepper, to taste, before covering with the bacon.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.