Print Friendly Recipe
- Lettuce wraps
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground pork
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice wine or dry sherry
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped water chestnuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) toasted pine nuts
- Tiny lettuce leaves (Cos, iceberg, witlof or bib)
- Additional dipping sauce:
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plum sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- Cut lettuce ahead of time into cup shapes to have it ready; choose leaves towards the center of the head of lettuce.
- Use kitchen shears to cut any shapes needed, if necessary; set aside to chill.
- Saute pork in a large skillet until it is browned.
- Remove meat from skillet and drain off any fat.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, then stir in garlic and ginger.
- Add wine and pork to the skillet and stir until wine reduces.
- Add hoisin, oyster and soy sauces, stirring to mix well.
- Stir in water chestnuts and cilantro and heat through.
- Place on platter and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Serve meat with lettuce cups and additional sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.