Print Friendly Recipe
- A wonderful and easy roast!
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). to 3 lbs (1.4 kg). boneless pot roast
- 8 cloves garlic
- 6 to 8 whole cloves
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) allspice
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomatoe sauce
- salt and pepper
- Make slits in top of roast-insert garlic and cloves. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- In dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides.
- Combine tomatoe sauce, vinegar and spices together and pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours til tender.
- Remove meat-keep warm.
- Bring juices to boiling, boil and reduce uncovered about 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic and cloves.
- Slice meat.
- Serve with sauce and cooked spaghetti, salad and bread.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.